Summary and suggestion

by - Februari 18, 2019






1.1  Purposes of the practicum
I belive that this practicum objective is to improve my teaching skill as a student- teacher and also to improve my English skill as an English student. Be placed in the Philippines will enhance my English of course, since I have to communicate with people, especially students, by using English everyday.
1.2  Procedures of practiucum
We are instructed to have the minimum 20 hours of teaching. But, of course it depends on the school regulations also. For me, I had 20 hours for teaching. Our stay there is divided into 3 weeks. The first week will be our observation days, the second week is the teaching days and the last week will be the evaluation.
1.3  Outcomes of practicum
I had 20 hours of teaching. I felt that my teaching and also my English skills have been improved during my days in the Philippines. A really unforgettable experience. I very enjoy during my teaching days in Ateneo JHs.
1.4  The challenges of practicum
Teaching will not always easy to do. Thats why to be a teacher means that you have a big responsible. Because you have to make lesson plan before you start teaching, including the methods, strategies and things you are going to do while teaching. You have to well prepared for every situation.
Teaching in other country is also a really big challenge because you have to deal with different education systems and cultures. I have to admit that teaching English in Ateneo JHs made me nervous. In my observation, I know that they are really good in English. Their English indeed seems better than me. I have to learn the lesson I was going to teach. And there are also practicumers came from Ateneo main campus which made me more worried about my teaching skill. Because I have never experienced teaching in real school. And my first time teaching in real school was in Ateneo JHs in The Philippines.
1.5  Overall impression
A really great experience! I want to thank to SEAMEO, Pakuan University and Ateneo de Naga University for making it happened. I really hope that I have more time in Philippines. I enjoy my stay there, so much. I love the people, the students, the teachers and the Ateneo practicumers. If I have a chance to go to other country, Philippines will be my first choice. Thank you so much!
1.6 Suggestion for future improvemenet
      Nothing much I can say for this program. SEAMEO, you have really done a good job. Just keep this program, so that our juniors later can also feel what we experienced during our practicum days. But as people say, nothing is perfect. If I can give my opinion about this program, the SEAMEO or the coordinator are supposed to give detail information about this SEA Teacher program to the cooperating teachers. Because my cooperating teacher didn’t really know how this program works.
1.6  Summary and suggestion
28 days in Philippines were indeed the best days I’ve ever had. I wished I could repeat my time, so that I could spend more time there. A great experience! I hope SEAMEO will make the time longer than just a month. You know, one month was not enough! Haha

You May Also Like

0 komentar